free advertising free advertising

Social Media Marketing Plan - Your Plan To Success

One of the most important things you should online is your social media marketing plan. When I started out a few years ago I didn't have a plan when working online so I would end up spending many hours in the social networks not really doing anything.
I knew the importance of social media I just didn't understand the importance of not spending too much time on each site. I know from experience that it is very easy to spend 6 hours in Facebook and before you know it the day is gone and you have not achieved anything.
In this post I will break down for you my social media marketing plan so you can use it as a guide to plan you day and be more productive. Using these sites is great for social media branding but they are only a part of the whole process.
In the list below I will be explaining how you can break you time up to get massive results:

  • Have your entire social media content ready for the day before you even open any of your accounts. That way you are not tempted to take a look and see who is online.
  • Set yourself a time limit to spend in each account, say 30 minutes each. You will get a lot of work done within 30 minutes.
  • Break your time down even further by posting content for the first 30 minutes then checking messages responding to friend request etc in the next 30 minutes.
  • Once you are done in your social networking sites log off so you are not tempted to go back in and answer a message.
  • Set yourself a time frame to do your keyword research and writing for the next day. If you get everything ready to publish and you have time that when you should go back and check messages etc.

I like to setup my social media marketing plan like this as I like to have everything ready first thing in the morning to hit the publish button and do the syndication. Some people like to do things the other way round and you know what that is absolutely fine.
This method works best for me as I do a lot of my work in the afternoon anyway, and to be honest if you are syndicating and posting content the best time is in the late afternoon or early evening. Its whatever works best for you.
The point is to have a system in place and remove the distractions like Facebook or Twitter. If you have them switched off the temptation is removed, the same goes for your email and Skype. Get your content done first and then switch it back on.
What took me 8 hours in the past now takes 3 hours, plus I get more productive work done in that time. I always want to try and do everything all at once but if you do one thing at a time and set yourself time limits on each task you will have a great social media marketing plan.